Sunday 29 March 2015

Think Globally; Act Locally

Returning to Kenya  - Building Global Families

Humanity is the buzz word of  my ocean's ride. With the highs and lows, the ins and outs, the ebbs and flows, it is clear to me that we are always exactly where we are meant to be. Returning to the J.E.H.O family as I affectionately call them, allowed us to ascertain where we are in delivering our service to them.  I, for one, am of the belief that humanity underpins and drives development if there is to be any sustainability of our global society. This theme echoed through the DIHAD conference last week and now that I am here, on the ground in Pipeline, I root myself even deeper in this truth.

In the end, I suppose if enough of us walked in the tracks of compassion, dignity, responsibility, tolerance, diversity, good temperance and the like, we would show up for each other, ready to overcome life's challenges through a collective mindedness. Our Pipeline students benefit from the opportunity to think globally, while acting locally. They are ambassadors for their generation, and will develop into dynamic global citizens who truly make a difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment